For 12 million subprime credit borrowers in America, a 339% average APR payday loan was the only loan option – not anymore. At LoanNow our mission is to help good people get better loans. We are helping people with less than great credit get back on track.
As a UX/UI Designer, you’ll be responsible for rethinking how the lending industry works. This includes designing experiences that remove friction from the lending process as well as experiences that incentivize good borrowing behavior and consumer education.
We are looking for candidates that have multiple years of UX and UI experience, and a deep appreciation for and ability to create simple solutions to complex problems. Design is a critical function at LoanNow, and has been for the entire history of the company.
- Work on the core product team at LoanNow. Identify high impact features that achieve goals, and be able to explain rationale for your decisions.
- Collaborate with engineers to define features and functionality, with other designers for feedback and critique, and with data scientists and user researchers to evaluate the impact of your work.
- Design interactions for new features, applying existing design patterns and creating new ones, across our web and mobile platforms.
- Build experience prototypes for what you design.
- You’ll also be responsible for rigorous A/B testing to measure what affect you’re having on applications, retention, and virality.
- Serve as an important resource for understanding the latest UI design trends and their practical applications.
- B.A. or B.S or equivalent work experience
- An outstanding body of work demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative interface design solutions for web, desktop applications and/or mobile devices
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- An exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail
- Ability to think at a high level about a complex product, and clearly justify new features and changes
- Experience building clear, effective interactions to accomplish product or business goals
- Demonstrated visual design skill, especially in the construction of visual hierarchies on layouts, and attention to detail on typography, spacing, and colors
- Demonstrable mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Interest in using data and user research to inform design decisions. Experience with effective A/B testing is a plus
- Ability to work independently, managing own schedule in fast-paced, multi-project environment
- Portfolio or dribble account containing examples of work demonstrating the items listed above
LoanNow is a fast-growing startup that offers tremendous advancement opportunities for its employees. We’re a stealthy team of technologists disrupting a $15 billion slow moving giant of an industry. We’ve built web scale products and helped scale them to hundreds of millions of daily active users. Our team is rethinking how the lending industry works.
Since launching in 2014, LoanNow has changed the way people borrow money by making it faster and easier than ever to get a loan. At the same time, we help subprime borrowers understand how to use credit, build a repayment history and credit file, and incentivize good borrower behavior. Our mission is to help good people get better loans.
We are a data-driven company. LoanNow is building the most innovative credit models in the world to make smarter lending decisions. But it would be silly to think a loan goes bad at the time of underwriting. We believe that what happens after the loan is funded is more important that what happens before. Much of our machine learning efforts are focused on this idea.
The LoanNow team is full of A-players who stem from some of the world’s leading technology companies. As teammates we value commitment, accountability, honing our craft, and learning from each other. If that’s you, we’d love to chat.
Please send your Dribbble/Behance URL and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include anything you feel would make us want to hire you immediately.