Underwriter – Consumer Loans
For 12 million subprime credit borrowers in America, a 339% average APR payday loan was the only loan option – not anymore. At LoanNow our mission is to help good people get better loans. We are helping people with less than great credit get back on track.
As an Underwriter, you’ll be a part of our rapidly growing team and will be responsible for evaluating lending decisions in accordance with our guidelines. You’ll also be responsible for reviewing all necessary documents from consumers to ensure that all of our borrowers receive the highest levels of customer service and a fair and balanced underwriting decision. This is a very important operational role that you’ll be entrusted with which will help to generate value for the Company. Great emphasis will be placed on your working within a team to help define our underwriting automation systems and establish best practices.
- Examine credit history of applicants
- Evaluate applicants’ ability to pay back the loan as agreed as well as any additional financial risks
- Implement fraud detection techniques and best-practices
- Provide highest levels of communication to additional Company staff by effectively explaining all factors related to credit decisions
- Address client inquiries and additional requests
- Perform timely reviews of stipulations and conditions submitted by applicants
- University or trade school degree
- 2 years of finance or accounting experience (prior employment as an underwriter a plus)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to perform simultaneous tasks well
- Positive “Can Do” attitude!
LoanNow is a fast-growing online lending firm that offers tremendous advancement opportunities for its employees. We’re a stealthy team of lending industry veterans and technologists disrupting a $15 billion slow moving giant of an industry. We’ve built web scale products and helped scale them to hundreds of millions of daily active users. Our team is rethinking how the lending industry works.
Since launching in 2014, LoanNow has changed the way people borrow money by making it faster and easier than ever to get a loan. At the same time, we help subprime borrowers understand how to use credit, build a repayment history and credit file, and incentivize good borrower behavior. Our mission is to help good people get better loans.
We are a data-driven company. LoanNow is building the most innovative credit models in the world to make smarter lending decisions. But it would be silly to think a loan goes bad at the time of underwriting. We believe that what happens after the loan is funded is more important that what happens before. Much of our machine learning efforts are focused on this idea.The LoanNow team is full of A-players who stem from some of the world’s leading technology companies. As teammates we value commitment, accountability, honing our craft, and learning from each other. If that’s you, we’d love to chat.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $15 – $18 per hour
If you feel that you possess the attributes, skills and abilities we are looking for as well as a solid track record of proven success as indicated by your resume, work history and professional references, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to include anything you feel would make us want to hire you immediately.