Marketing Manager, SEO
For 12 million subprime credit borrowers in America, a 339% average APR payday loan was the only loan option – not anymore. At LoanNow our mission is to help good people get better loans. We are helping people with less than great credit get back on track.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced SEO Manager to develop and implement LoanNow’s organic search strategy. The ideal candidate will have a track record of SEO success across in-house or agency roles working on sites with millions of monthly visits from organic search traffic. They won’t be afraid of digging into large sets of data to spot trends and opportunities.
Beyond that, they’ll be very strong at analyzing our sites and market from all aspects of SEO performance in order to discover, prioritize and execute on SEO improvements, both tactical and strategic. He or she will work closely with relevant teams including Marketing, PR and Product to serve as an advocate for SEO and to ensure alignment of goals across all channels. They will serve as the go-to expert for all things related to Search Engine Optimization and will be able to execute search activities from start to finish, from planning to recommendation to execution.
- Work with marketing leadership team to develop and drive the business plan for organic search
- Engage and closely collaborate with the product and engineering teams to drive initiatives for best user experience, site architecture and taxonomy and content, impacting rankings of category keywords in organic search results
- Manage tactical execution of organic search strategies that include, performing regular site audits, comprehensive and complex keyword research, analysis and portfolio management to identify and drive growth opportunities; On-site content optimization; Ownership & reporting of key SEO performance metrics
- Manage and drive SEO reporting construct, develop and present weekly updates to demonstrate the impact of company’s investment to senior management
- Provide recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and development
- 3+ years of direct technical SEO experience.
- A passion for SEO and overall internet marketing
- Proven track record of optimizing large content sites for competitive terms and long tail keywords.
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate a strong philosophy around onsite optimization.
- Outstanding written communication and verbal presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to influence technical cross-functional teams, consisting of product and engineering staff.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and comfort in working in a team environment and with technical teams.
- Direct experience with web analytics suites such as Google Analytics and deep knowledge of webmaster tools.
- BA/BS in computer science, economics, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines.
LoanNow is a fast-growing startup that offers tremendous advancement opportunities for its employees. We’re a stealthy team of technologists disrupting a $15 billion slow moving giant of an industry. We’ve built web scale products and helped scale them to hundreds of millions of daily active users. Our team is rethinking how the lending industry works.
Since launching in 2014, LoanNow has changed the way people borrow money by making it faster and easier than ever to get a loan. At the same time, we help subprime borrowers understand how to use credit, build a repayment history and credit file, and incentivize good borrower behavior. Our mission is to help good people get better loans.
We are a data-driven company. LoanNow is building the most innovative credit models in the world to make smarter lending decisions. But it would be silly to think a loan goes bad at the time of underwriting. We believe that what happens after the loan is funded is more important that what happens before. Much of our machine learning efforts are focused on this idea.
The LoanNow team is full of A-players who stem from some of the world’s leading technology companies. As teammates we value commitment, accountability, honing our craft, and learning from each other. If that’s you, we’d love to chat.
Please send your résumé, cover letter, and GitHub URL (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include anything you feel would make us want to hire you immediately.