For 12 million subprime credit borrowers in America, a 339% average APR payday loan was the only loan option – not anymore. At LoanNow our mission is to help good people get better loans. We are helping people with less than great credit get back on track.
As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for product strategy, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This position requires gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, working closely with engineering, marketing, operations, compliance, legal, finance, and accounting to execute on product releases, drive innovation and deliver business value that helps the customer.
Great product managers for LoanNow excel at orchestrating and inspiring both the development team and the rest of company to achieve our vision. Product managers here are able to see the big picture of LoanNow as a holistic system, as well as the details which come together to create a great product and results.
We are looking to grow our product management organization and will need PMs of diverse backgrounds to complement our various product teams and efforts.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Create and deliver on short term and long term product roadmaps delivering products aligned to business goals
- Understand the competitive landscape within the product areas of focus
- Gather product requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, competitive analysis and working with customers
- Write functional specifications and work with a dedicated technical, operational, and supporting teams to deliver features and solutions that address business and customer needs
- Develop business cases to evaluate the financial opportunity
- Understand LoanNow’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as the best in the industry
- Define and analyze metrics that ensure the success of products
- Prioritize bugs and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- B.S. with at least a minor in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Passion for LoanNow’s mission
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. You are eager to be the glue between other functions, doing what it takes to make our product successful.
- Strong analytical skills, with a willingness to dig into data and ability to navigate around a code base.
- Demonstrated leadership in significant product/program/project manager roles at other consumer Internet companies. Great engineers and designers almost always want to work with you again because you are there for the product and for them, not for yourself.
- Excellent product sense and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem. You regularly keep up with new products to learn how they grow and work.
- Excellent communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level — within teams, within the company, to users, to press and other audiences.
LoanNow is a fast-growing startup that offers tremendous advancement opportunities for its employees. We’re a stealthy team of technologists disrupting a $15 billion slow moving giant of an industry. We’ve built web scale products and helped scale them to hundreds of millions of daily active users. Our team is rethinking how the lending industry works.
Since launching in 2014, LoanNow has changed the way people borrow money by making it faster and easier than ever to get a loan. At the same time, we help subprime borrowers understand how to use credit, build a repayment history and credit file, and incentivize good borrower behavior. Our mission is to help good people get better loans.
We are a data-driven company. LoanNow is building the most innovative credit models in the world to make smarter lending decisions. But it would be silly to think a loan goes bad at the time of underwriting. We believe that what happens after the loan is funded is more important that what happens before. Much of our machine learning efforts are focused on this idea.
The LoanNow team is full of A-players who stem from some of the world’s leading technology companies. As teammates we value commitment, accountability, honing our craft, and learning from each other. If that’s you, we’d love to chat.
Please send your résumé, cover letter, and GitHub URL (if applicable) to email@example.com. Feel free to include anything you feel would make us want to hire you immediately.