Marketing Manager, Content & Social Media
For 12 million subprime credit borrowers in America, a 339% average APR payday loan was the only loan option – not anymore. At LoanNow our mission is to help good people get better loans. We are helping people with less than great credit get back on track.
We’re looking for a Content and Social Media Marketing Manager to bolster LoanNow’s brand presence and attract new borrowers. With a focus on content and social media, you must be able to think outside the box and use data to apply actionable next steps for LoanNow’s online content and social presence.
We are constantly trying to motivate our borrowers, and so should your words! Whether you’re writing a blog post or tweet, your voice and verbiage will excite our borrowers. The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a startup culture. You should be a proven innovator and marketing expert, ready to build LoanNow campaigns that can match our rapidly growing brand.
- Manage social media campaigns and daily online presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Take ownership of the company blog and social media marketing. Develop creative social media initiatives to acquire new customers and deepen engagement with existing ones.
- Be equal parts content strategist and copywriter. Clever phrases and creative concepts aren’t all you care about. You’re passionate about developing sound strategy, determining message hierarchies, and developing user experiences that communicate exactly the right message to the right person at the right time. You don’t sacrifice clarity or simplicity to protect your own precious gems.
- Assist in the creation of new content, including initial brain-storming, assignments to writers, review of submitted piece and final formatting to prepare for publication.
- Curate social media content calendars for each platform around daily content and upcoming partnerships and campaigns
- Identify and engage with community and brand advocates and develop influencer programs
- Captivate our user’s attention with eloquent language on blog posts, promotional copy and emails. You’ll humbly be the voice of LoanNow.
- Work with team members and Partners to craft copy for LoanNow promotions
- Report KPIs that measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Research current trends and discover new platforms for promoting LoanNow
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience developing strategy and managing social content for a brand
- 2+ years experience executing social and digital partnerships with external parties
- Proven expertise in both creative and promotional copywriting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic photo editing skills
- Ability to thrive in a quickly-changing environment
- Ability to quickly learn compliance related issues and address them as needed.
- Competitive by nature with a collaborative team attitude
- Solid writing background; experience blogging and/or editing
- Strong passion for content, social media and LoanNow 🙂
LoanNow is a fast-growing startup that offers tremendous advancement opportunities for its employees. We’re a stealthy team of technologists disrupting a $15 billion slow moving giant of an industry. We’ve built web scale products and helped scale them to hundreds of millions of daily active users. Our team is rethinking how the lending industry works.
Since launching in 2014, LoanNow has changed the way people borrow money by making it faster and easier than ever to get a loan. At the same time, we help subprime borrowers understand how to use credit, build a repayment history and credit file, and incentivize good borrower behavior. Our mission is to help good people get better loans.
We are a data-driven company. LoanNow is building the most innovative credit models in the world to make smarter lending decisions. But it would be silly to think a loan goes bad at the time of underwriting. We believe that what happens after the loan is funded is more important that what happens before. Much of our machine learning efforts are focused on this idea.
The LoanNow team is full of A-players who stem from some of the world’s leading technology companies. As teammates we value commitment, accountability, honing our craft, and learning from each other. If that’s you, we’d love to chat.
Please send your résumé, cover letter, and GitHub URL (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include anything you feel would make us want to hire you immediately.