For 12 million subprime credit borrowers in America, a 339% average APR payday loan was the only loan option – not anymore. At LoanNow our mission is to help good people get better loans. We are helping people with less than great credit get back on track.
As a DevOps Engineer at LoanNow, you will be building out systems that delight our quickly growing product engineering teams, enabling the whole engineering org to iterate at top speed in an open, decentralized environment. Systems management and automation is the name of the game here – in development, testing, staging and production.
You’ll be expected to act as an “engineer for the engineers,” helping others understand the architectures and platforms underlying their features. You should have a demonstrable ability to debug complicated failures and be able to grok complex systems from their roadmaps all the way down to their syscalls.
- Strong computer science education
- 3-5+ years of experience working in medium to large scale operations environments
- Strong engineer with significant exposure to languages like Ruby, Python, and/or Perl
- Extensive experience with shell scripting
- Proficiency with:
- Public Cloud platforms (IaaS/PaaS) like AWS (Strongly preferred), Rackspace, OpenStack, GCE, etc.
- Familiarity with virtual private clouds (VPC)
- Configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Monitoring tools like Nagios, Munin, Zenoss, and/or NewRelic etc.
- Release Engineering tools like Git, auto-deployments, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Great team player who has a strong desire to keep data secure and systems available
- Familiarity with Relational stores (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Familiarity with NoSQL stores (Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Kafka, Redshift etc.)
LoanNow is a fast-growing startup that offers tremendous advancement opportunities for its employees. We’re a stealthy team of technologists disrupting a $15 billion slow moving giant of an industry. We’ve built web scale products and helped scale them to hundreds of millions of daily active users. Our team is rethinking how the lending industry works.
Since launching in 2014, LoanNow has changed the way people borrow money by making it faster and easier than ever to get a loan. At the same time, we help subprime borrowers understand how to use credit, build a repayment history and credit file, and incentivize good borrower behavior. Our mission is to help good people get better loans.
We are a data-driven company. LoanNow is building the most innovative credit models in the world to make smarter lending decisions. But it would be silly to think a loan goes bad at the time of underwriting. We believe that what happens after the loan is funded is more important that what happens before. Much of our machine learning efforts are focused on this idea.
The LoanNow team is full of A-players who stem from some of the world’s leading technology companies. As teammates we value commitment, accountability, honing our craft, and learning from each other. If that’s you, we’d love to chat.
Please send your résumé, cover letter, and GitHub URL (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include anything you feel would make us want to hire you immediately.